Welcome to Bloomington Youth Hockey, Inc. (BYHI), home of the Bloomington Thunder. BYHI is an amateur, non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt youth hockey organization based in Bloomington, Illinois. The Bloomington Thunder hockey program offers a competitive travel hockey experience for youth players throughout Central Illinois, with a focus on player development and a commitment to providing a great hockey experience. BYHI provides opportunities from Squirt to the Midget Major level and our teams participate in the Northern Illinois Hockey League.
BYHI is excited to announce the head coaches for the AA (or Major)teams for the 2016-2017 season:
Midget- Chris Prewitt
Bantam - Kevin Tompkins
Peewee - TBD
Squirt - Kevin Tompkins
The A (or minor) team coaches will be determined following tryouts.
The head coaches named above will be running our development and conditioning camps this summer. The peewee camps will be run by Kevin Tompkins until a head coach is named.
Thank you to all of our coaches who submitted applications for their willingness to volunteer their time. BYHI is very fortunate to have such dedicated and experienced individuals willing to coach our kids!
Summer Development Camp Now Open!!
Registration is now open for all players. Development camp begins June 2nd. Space is limited in each age group.
Follow the instructions under the Registration tab at the top.
Join us for the inaugural “Goal In One” golf outing to benefit BYHI!
Our event is scheduled Monday, August 8 at El Paso Golf Club.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Play a round of golf! Gather your team of 4, and get 18 holes with a cart, a meal, an event t-shirt, and a chance to show off your skills! All for $400!
2. We need sponsors! Anyone who brings us a hole sponsor gets half off their cost for the event….. Sponsorship is $250 and includes a sign at the sponsored hole, an event t-shirt (that includes their name/logo), recognition on the event welcome banner and at the meal/program.
3. Design the event t-shirt!! We know there are some creative folks in our hockey family that can design a t-shirt for our event. Entries will be put to a vote on Facebook, and the winner will get recognized at the event, and will receive a fantastic prize!
4. Volunteer at our event! We will have fun games and contests throughout the course, and we need volunteers to help make them successful. No golf experience is needed.
5. Tell everyone you know about our event! We will have posters and flyers to promote our outing. Keep your eyes peeled for a Facebook event page that you can share as well.
Registration begins May 1 and is located under the fundraiser tab.
Contact Lindsay Wasowicz at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and/or to sign up.
Contact Stephanie Peterson at email@example.com with any questions about t-shirt designs, sponsors, or to volunteer.