Bloomington Youth Hockey (BYH) is a non-profit, volunteer run hockey organization that strives to provide a positive hockey experience for players, coaches and parents.
The core mission of BYH is the growth of youth hockey in central Illinois. BYH supports USA Hockey’s equation for development: Play + Enjoyment = Development. BYH believes that for kids to continue to enjoy youth sports and develop as responsible participants they must have a fair opportunity to play the game, access to meaningful instruction, and an opportunity to compete. Furthermore, BYH believes that through competitive hockey we are providing life-long lessons and developing the character of our participants.
Our goal is to provide the best hockey program possible for your player, one that:
- Encourages fair play, teamwork, respect and sportsmanship;
- Recruits volunteers who demonstrate qualities of a role model;
- Supports programs that train and educate our players, coaches, parents, officials and volunteers; and
- Is FUN for the kids!
rules and regulations
BYH is governed by the rules and regulations of USA Hockey and the Amateur Hockey Association of Illinois (AHAI). Our teams participate in the following leagues and abide by their rules and regulations:
- Central States Developmental Hockey League (CSDHL)
- Northern Illinois Hockey League (NIHL)
- Chicago United Hockey League (CUHL)